Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Folville's Law by David Pilling


A novel set in the closing years of Edward II's reign, following the adventures of Sir John Swale, knight of Cumberland, as he investigates a murder in the Midlands that threatens to destabilize the kingdom. Along the way he meets a widow, Elizabeth Clinton, and makes an enemy of the ruthless outlaw Eustace Folville. Meanwhile, England is threatened by invasion and civil war, and it remains to be seen who will survive and who will perish in the brutal game of 14th century war and politics.

David Pilling


My review: David told me that Folville's Law was his first published book. I was pleasantly surprised! He did a splendid job. I've read a lot of first published books that I didn't like. He is a wonderful story teller. This is a book you want to keep on reading to find out what happens next. I was at the edge of my seat a few times. This story is full of wonderful characters (fantastic character building by the way), adventure, intrigue, betrayal, villains and more. I'm looking forward to continuing on with the series. A must read!

I gave this book four stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment