Thursday, March 1, 2012

Coming Up for Air by Patti Callahan Henry

This story begins with Ellie at her mother's funeral. A day or so later Ellie finds a journal belonging to her mother and discovers a part of her mothers past she didn't know about. Meanwhile Ellie's marriage to Rusty is in trouble. So Ellie decided to leave town for a few days to get away and to do some research on her mother. She discovers things about her mother and makes a decision about her marriage.

This story to me was about a daughter wanting to know more about her mother and how she lived her life when she was younger. It's also about first love, marriage,loss and healing.

I really enjoyed this story. I love the fact that Ellie is an Artist. So I liked how she saw life. I also enjoyed reading about the jubilee. The meaning of it and the traditions. This story takes place in the South and as a Southerner, I felt right at home with this story. This is a good story to curl up with and get lost in.

No comments:

Post a Comment