Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton


I felt the characters in this story lacked substance and unique personalities that you would see in Kate Morton's other stories and I felt the characters didn't really connect with each other. There were several situations that were never fully explained and was left to interpretation and I was disappointed with the conclusion. I felt there was no closure to the story. The ending fell flat.

However, the idea Kate had for the story line was good. I did enjoy reading parts of this book and I thought about the characters for sometime after reading it and thought about how things might have been different for them and the choices they made in their lives. I did like how Kate Morton described some of the scenes. They were written in a way.... I felt I was right there in the story experiencing them for myself. 
I rated this book three stars.

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment